Saturday, July 4, 2015

It's Official... Retirement Letter to District 205 in Rockford, Illinois has been emailed

I remember the day when I started my first job as a paper boy in Rockford, Illinois and thinking about how loooonnnnngggg it would be before I was old enough to retire. I remember wondering what life would be like by the time it was time to retire. I never imagined the evolution of cell phones, computers or electric cars.

I have worked, enjoyed and learned from  many jobs and businesses started along the career pathway. Dunkin Donuts, The Last Straw (where I met my incredible wife), Mc Donalds, Radio Shack, Lunde Truck Sales, The Pride of Rockford, The Good Times Theater, YMCA, Red Lobster, Camcar Textron, Pacific Bearing and finally the Rockford School District as a teacher for that last 16+ years.
Today I have sent my official retirement letter to the Rockford School District.  The ride with the district has been fun, educational, and rewarding in many, many ways. The current administration has made the last several years the best in all 16 years of teaching.

As a business and technology teacher for the last 16 years I have taught all my students to find a job/career that they love, do it better than anyone else. Make it a goal to find that career/job is one that can not be exported or automated. Now at 55 years old I have decided to follow what I have been teaching and find in retirement my passion that I do not consider work, but living the dream.... The Boulder Creek Lodge  in beautiful southwest Montana.




No comments:

Post a Comment